Hello December! With it being the beginning of a new month, I love to take a few moments to reflect back on the past month and to look ahead and set a few new objectives for the upcoming month. Sharing these goals with you guys helps keep me accountable and hey, its just fun to see what other people have on their plates, right?
November Reader Faves
I love to see what people are reading and what has people coming back for more! This month, there were a couple of changes and a couple that are hanging on as those most read by you guys!
|Midori Traveler's Notebook|
|Planner Reviews: How the Best ones Stack Up!|
|Passion Planner | Review|
|Depotting Makeup | DIY|
Note: these may not have been written and posted in the November, but they were the most visited posts during the month.
How’d I do on my November Goals?
November was a good month and a busy month! I feel pretty good about what I accomplished with regards to my goals. I didn’t check them all off, but I did complete the majority of them, so I’ll take that as a win!
1. Blogging Goals: My main goals were to start Alex Beadon’s Feel Good Blogging class and get myself into a regular blogging routine. Final verdict..check and mostly check! This week kicks off the 4th week of Alex Beadon’s Feel Good Blogging class and it’s going great! I’ve been learning so much and have started implementing what I’ve learned into my blog and posts. I’m really excited about the second half of this class! As for the blogging routine, I still need to work on this, but I definitely feel like I’m in a much better place than I was a month ago. I’m feeling a little more on top of things and have established the beginnings of a daily routine.
2. Get back into journaling: I didn’t do as well on this plan…I did journal a couple of times, but I had wanted to get back into more of a daily routine. So…still need to work on this one!
3. Re-join my favorite gym: Done! I rejoined my gym in early November and have gotten in several workouts. December will be a bit of a workout challenge with how crazy things are, but as long as I get some workouts in, I’m good with that! Come January, I’ll recommit fully and get myself in there on an almost daily basis.
4. Get most of my Christmas shopping done: I didn’t do as well on this goal as I had hoped. I did buy a lot of supplies for making a number of the gifts I plan to give, but other than that, I still have work to do on this one!
5. Decorate for Christmas: Done! I pulled out all of the decorations and dressed up the house just in time for December 1st!
6. Clean out & organize my spare bedroom: I miserably failed on this one…I definitely need to get some of this done at some point in December, but I probably won’t get it fully done until early in 2015 (what better way to use those snow days when stuck inside!).
Given how busy the holiday season is and that I’m going to be doing some traveling at the end of the month, I’m being realistic and keeping my goals on the lighter side!
1. Finish Christmas Shopping: This is a given since there’s a pretty hard deadline for giving out the gifts! My goal is to get all of the handmade gifts done the first week and have all the remaining shopping done by the end of the second week of December!
2. Do (and finish!) a December Daily project: I’ve done a few of these in the past, but didn’t get to do one last year. So, this year I’m very excited to work on this! Last year, I bought a kit (including an album) but since I wasn’t able to do a December Daily project last year, I can make good use of that this year!
3. Do some more decluttering & make final donations for the year: This is a big one that HAS to get done! I tend to donate a lot of things throughout the year and I list those on my taxes when I file in the spring. So, I have to get this done! I have so much junk that I need to take time to go through so I can grab out the stuff I know I no longer need. Then, I just schedule a pickup to cart it away to end the year on a good note!
4. Figure out my goals for 2015 (health, blog, travel, personal growth, home): I’m a goal setter and list maker, so I will be spending December thinking through my objectives for next year to really be specific and to create a plan for each. I’ll be sure to share those with you in early January!
Your turn! What are your goals for this crazy month? I’d love to hear what’s going on with you…so leave me a comment and let me know!