It’s 2015! Can you believe it!?! Here we are starting another year….a fresh opportunity to define our path and make positive changes in our lives! Are you a resolution maker? Do you have your resolutions mapped out for the year? I know some folks don’t bother, but I do think it can help you chart your course for the year and ensure you have the best one yet! Want to hear mine for a little inspiration?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
HOW IS IT 2015??? I swear, didn’t we just ring in 2014?!
I have a confession to make…I’m not a huge fan of New Year’s Eve. I find the day to be a little sad because I hate saying goodbye to yet another year!
But, I LOVE New Years Day!
It’s clean slate….a fresh start….and I love nothing more than feeling like I’m on the brink of the best year ever!
Since I’m a huge goal maker, list writer, and planner, New Years Day also means I get to draft the ultimate of lists…my goals for the year!
I don’t “do” resolutions…I prefer setting goals.
“Resolutions” just set you up to fail (I mean seriously, people expect you to break your resolutions!). But “Goals” have a bit more of a permanent feel in my mind (maybe it’s because I’m a Product Manager by day and that’s what I do day in and out…I make goals and I lead teams in meeting those goals!).
So…What are my GOALS for this year?
- I like to keep my goals broad and not too specific since it should span most of the year. That means I can break them up into achievable chunks throughout the year to keep me on track!
- Be HEALTHIER: I know ‘losing weight is on everyone’s list, but I’m going beyond that. I want to get back on track with just being healthier and letting my body be the weight that it wants to (although, it better lose SOME by my getting healthier!).
- TRAVEL more: I LOVE to travel and need to have a trip in the works in order to feel sane! One of my objectives with this goal, is to do more SOLO travel this year! I’m single and pretty much all of my friends are not, so that means if I want to see the world, I’ll have to get out there on my own (which I’m totally okay with!).
- ORGANIZE my entire house: This is one of those goals that never gets done and makes an appearance on my New Years goals every.single.year! I’m saying it now…this is the year that I will GET IT DONE!! As my reward, I’ll hire myself a cleaning lady to take over the cleaning chores for me (if that doesn’t motivate me, then I don’t know what will)!
- Turn my BLOG into a business: I’ve been working really hard on my blog and I’m planning to turn it up a notch in 2015! So…don’t go away! I have a lot in store for you, dear readers!
- Commit to making JOURNALING a daily habit: I started this last year and made it to about May/June, but then fell off the Journaling band wagon (grrrr!). So, starting today, I’m back in the saddle!
- Continue improving my PHOTOGRAPHY: There’s so much to learn when it comes to photography and I’m very proud of the growth I made in 2014, so I’m just planning to stay the course and keep chugging along!
- VOLUNTEER my time for a worthy cause: I’m not sure for what I will volunteer for this year, but I’d like it to be something that helps people and that I can participate in regularly. (I welcome any ideas on this one!)
Next week, I’ll be sharing a FREE PDF download that you can use to map out your goals for the year! I’m putting the finishing touches on it now (and then I have to figure out how to share this with you guys, so hang in there with me!).
But for now…Your Turn! What are your GOALS for 2015?! Leave me a comment and let me know…I LOVE hearing what others are up to!