Making New Years Goals, NOT Resolutions!

It’s 2015!  Can you believe it!?!  Here we are starting another year….a fresh opportunity to define our path and make positive changes in our lives!  Are you a resolution maker?  Do you have your resolutions mapped out for the year?  I know some folks don’t bother, but I do think it can help you chart your course for the year and ensure you have the best one yet!  Want to hear mine for a little inspiration?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

HOW IS IT 2015???  I swear, didn’t we just ring in 2014?!

I have a confession to make…I’m not a huge fan of New Year’s Eve.  I find the day to be a little sad because I hate saying goodbye to yet another year!

But, I LOVE New Years Day!

It’s clean slate….a fresh start….and I love nothing more than feeling like I’m on the brink of the best year ever!

Since I’m a huge goal maker, list writer, and planner, New Years Day also means I get to draft the ultimate of lists…my goals for the year!

I don’t “do” resolutions…I prefer setting goals.

“Resolutions” just set you up to fail (I mean seriously, people expect you to break your resolutions!).  But “Goals” have a bit more of a permanent feel in my mind (maybe it’s because I’m a Product Manager by day and that’s what I do day in and out…I make goals and I lead teams in meeting those goals!).

So…What are my GOALS for this year?
I like to keep my goals broad and not too specific since it should span most of the year.  That means I can break them up into achievable chunks throughout the year to keep me on track!
  • Be HEALTHIER: I know ‘losing weight is on everyone’s list, but I’m going beyond that.  I want to get back on track with just being healthier and letting my body be the weight that it wants to (although, it better lose SOME by my getting healthier!).
  • TRAVEL more:  I LOVE to travel and need to have a trip in the works in order to feel sane! One of my objectives with this goal, is to do more SOLO travel this year! I’m single and pretty much all of my friends are not, so that means if I want to see the world, I’ll have to get out there on my own (which I’m totally okay with!).
  • ORGANIZE my entire house: This is one of those goals that never gets done and makes an appearance on my New Years goals every.single.year!  I’m saying it now…this is the year that I will GET IT DONE!!  As my reward, I’ll hire myself a cleaning lady to take over the cleaning chores for me (if that doesn’t motivate me, then I don’t know what will)!
  • Turn my BLOG into a business:  I’ve been working really hard on my blog and I’m planning to turn it up a notch in 2015!  So…don’t go away!  I have a lot in store for you, dear readers! ;)
  • Commit to making JOURNALING a daily habit:  I started this last year and made it to about May/June, but then fell off the Journaling band wagon (grrrr!).  So, starting today, I’m back in the saddle!
  • Continue improving my PHOTOGRAPHY: There’s so much to learn when it comes to photography and I’m very proud of the growth I made in 2014, so I’m just planning to stay the course and keep chugging along!

**********

Next week, I’ll be sharing a FREE PDF download that you can use to map out your goals for the year!  I’m putting the finishing touches on it now (and then I have to figure out how to share this with you guys, so hang in there with me!).

But for now…Your Turn!  What are your GOALS for 2015?!  Leave me a comment and let me know…I LOVE hearing what others are up to!

Comments

Happy New Year, Vicky!!! You’re right! It really does make a difference when you make goals for the year instead of resolutions. I only started last year with goals instead of resolutions and it makes such a difference ! I wish you all the best with all your goals for 2015!

Happy New Year Sue Ann!! Isn’t it amazing how 1 word can make such a difference?! I wish you all the best for 2015 as well! :)

I still haven’t gotten to writing my intentions, but it’s happening this weekend. Now that I have my word and my core desired feelings, the intentions are much easier to come by. I already know that we have a few similar goals ;)

Tanya Patxot says

Great goals =)…. It is sad to see another year go hahha. I just think about .. did I do all I said I was going to do and then look at the year sometimes disappointed. =) No a fresh start though and much wiser.

Vicky, I am RIGHT THERE WITH YA on creating goals instead of resolutions! I do un-resolutions on my own blog (which will actually be comin’ on Monday…shhhhh (; ) as a way to point out things in my life that I plan to keep – as opposed to change or give up – with each passing year. Goals is so good though; I especially love re-evaluating at the end of each month to figure out what could be done differently or better to make me feel even happier and more fulfilled. Cheers to goals! And best of luck on yours (:

P.S. Can’t wait to see what’s in store…looks like we both have projects in the works to kick it up come 2015! We can do this!! <3

cominguprosestheblog.com

Hey Erica! I’m so glad I’ve met you through blogging…we seem to have a lot in common and I love how positive you are! I LOVE the idea of un-resolutions for things that move from goals to a daily part of life (or regular part of life)…that’s a GREAT idea! Can’t wait to see what you’re up to this year! :)

Excellent resolutions!! Mine are very similar to yours as well. I definitely have faith that you’ll stick to these resolutions for sure!! Awesome post :D
    ~Christina

LOVE the idea of goals instead of resolutions! I’m working on my 2015 goals and will be posting them shortly. Lots of great things are going to happen this year…I can FEEL IT! Looking forward to getting your PDF!!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday :) xo Liz

Hey Liz! I feel like this is going to be a good year too! Can’t wait to see your goals and to help each other along :). Holidays were awesome (especially New Years!)…hope yours were as well!

I started doing goals instead of resolutions last year and I definitely completed a lot more than in the past! Some of my bigger ones are moving out on my own and attending a blog conference!

Hi Emily! Attending a blog conference is on my list too!! Hopefully we’ll end up at the same one this year and we can meet! :) Good luck with the move and have fun living on your own!!