Girlfriend, YOU are Awesome!

That’s right…you are one awesome chick and if you want some more motivation for loving who you are, read on! Today’s post isn’t long on words, but is full of girl power, I-love-me inspiration! Why? Because even if we have a healthy relationship with ourselves, it never hurts to get a tad more encouragement to stand our ground and declare to the world that I am just fine the way I am!

Self love quotes and affirmations

If you’ve been reading along this month, you’ll know that I focused a lot on self-love and acceptance.  Each month, I like to focus in on something a little different, so with the end of February, my special attention on this topic comes to a close. So, just in case you missed any of my posts from this month on this very important topic, here are links for you to check them out…

Can YOU Love Yourself Better?
Loving, Accepting, & Pampering YOU {Fave Pins}
11 Promises to Make to Love Yourself More
Operation Beautiful by Coming Up Roses
Valentine’s Gift Ideas…Single Girl Style!
6 Ways to Banish Negative Self-Talk for Good!

While this month may be wrapping up, this won’t be the end of my sharing my thoughts and encouragement on this topic.  I feel very passionate about helping women love who they are and embrace life to enjoy it to the fullest.  That is a big part of what my blog is all about!

Each month, even when focusing on other areas, I’ll continue to write about girl power and self-love and acceptance.  So, going forward, I’ll still be your cheerleader and your biggest fan of YOU!

Why?

Because YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Now, because I love me some motivating girl power quotes, I leave you with a few of my favorites (for now!)

Self love quotes and affirmations

Self love quotes and affirmations

Self love quotes and affirmations

3dots Is there anything you’d like me to focus on with regards to self-love and acceptance over the next several months? While I have tons of ideas, if there are any specific topics you’d like to me to dive into, please leave me a comment and let me know!

Comments

Taylor Yates says

I love this! Self-love is so incredibly important. I don’t know if you’re interested in going here, but I think self-love is a crucial part of loving other people, and I’d be interested to see a post on how self-love is so important in being part of a romantic relationship.

I completely agree, Taylor…you can only love others so far if you lack love for yourself …unlocking that allows you to love others on a whole other level. I’ll add that topic to my post ideas list and explore it to see what I come up with! Thanks so much for the idea and for stopping by for a visit! :-)

This is such a great message, in fact my last motivational monday was dedicated to loving yourself first, because it is so important. These are great quotes as well. You rock!
    xxcheers, Meag

Thanks Meag!! I will check out your Motivational Monday post because I always love to read more self-love themed posts! Thanks so much for stopping! :-)

Love this post!!! Self-love is so important and I, like you, love to spread that message. It is important for everyone to be aware of it and continue to spread that message. xo

Thanks Erica! So glad there are others out there that want to spread the message…its definitely one that needs to go far & wide! It’s time we all stop hatin’ on ourselves (and others, for that matter!!). Have a great Friday!

I love this post! It’s sort of similar to one I did about a month ago on my blog. I think this message, how ever it is presented, is very important and should be talked about often. We as women are more harsh on ourselves an tend to be our own worst critics! That has to stop!

Hi Channing! I agree…this is such an important message and I wish all women everywhere would start shouting it from the top of their lungs! We need to not only build ourselves up, but as women, we should be building each other up!

You know how some days you just need to hear something and somehow it comes to you? I feel like that’s this post today. Thank you for your kind words, and for recognizing that women everywhere sometimes just need to hear them.

You’re awesome, Nicole!! I’m so glad this touched you in some way and that you shared it with me…that made my day! :-) Thank you so much for stopping in today!

Love how you are writing about this! I think that a lot of us females get down on ourselves when we do something wrong or don’t feel as though we’ve met the needs of others. It can be hard to accept the fact that we aren’t perfect and that we don’t need to be perfect to be happy with our lives.

Hi Tori! Yes, I feel that women are their own worst critics and we end up holding ourselves to this ridiculously high standard that no one could achieve (and we don’t hold our family & friends to that same high level!). Time for us to forgive ourselves and accept ourselves (which definitely be harder than it sounds!). So glad that you have enjoyed what I’ve shared on this topic! :-)

I love this! You posted some wonderful things about self-love this month! I think self-love is very important and I’ve struggled with it on and off since high school, and I don’t feel like I’m alone in that boat. Heck, as I’m typing this I just looked over at my arms and thought they looked pretty gross. It’s hard to banish negative thoughts, instead, I think you need to just think something positive after you start thinking negative, to try and turn the tables.

Exactly!! I definitely went through years of rarely thinking positive things about myself (I think that’s just part of being younger when everything is so much harder, lol). But, several years ago, I took notice and told myself that just wasn’t okay and started making the effort to change that. It does take work, but is definitely worth it! And that’s not to say I *never* have negative thoughts about myself…of course I do, but now I notice it almost immediately and I nip it in the bud…it’s just not worth it. Hopefully I can inspire others to do the same…because we’re all wonderful just the way we are :-).