Valentine’s Gift Ideas…Single Girl Style!

Did you know that tomorrow is Valentine’s Day?  If you’re happily coupled up these days, I’m guessing you’re fully aware and may even be planning a few surprises for your sweetie!  But..what if you’re single and on your own?  Some of you may be pretending there’s no such thing as Valentine’s Day, while others (like me) are ready to enjoy the best Valentine’s ever by being my own Valentine!!

Valentine's Gift Ideas via randomlittlefaves.com

That’s right folks…tomorrow on the day dedicated to all things love, I will not be sitting on my couch with a container of ice cream while watching some sappy romance movie, crying into the sleeve of my ratty robe (I don’t actually have a ratty robe, just going for the visual here, okay?!) wondering when my Prince Charming is going to arrive.

Nope!  This single gal is going to be having some fun and I’m planning on being my OWN Valentine!

Let’s take stock of what’s going to be going down at Chez Random Little Faves…

A few chocolates…check!

My favorite take out for dinner…check!

Some beautiful flowers…you betcha!

A good movie (not a romance!)…queued up and ready to go!

And….a lovely gift…of course!

Who says Valentine’s Day has to be for couples? I say, be your OWN Valentine!  Tweet this!

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not knocking being happily coupled up for V-day!  All I’m promoting is that if you aren’t dating anyone…don’t let that stop you from enjoying your day!

It’s a perfect opportunity to work on loving and appreciating yourself more

Also, there’s a beauty in being single for this particular holiday….if you embrace it, you won’t be disappointed!  I mean, hey, you get to do whatever you want and you know you’ll love your gift ;).

I’ve mentioned before that I’m a big believer in buying yourself a gift.  While little gifts throughout the year are definitely deserved, springing for something for holidays (i.e. Christmas and Valentine’s Day) and your birthday should be mandatory!  And I don’t think that’s limited to just us single gals.  You girls that have a better half can get in on the fun too!!

Even though we might be down to the wire, since you’re buying something for yourself, it’s okay if it arrives after V-Day…again…it’s not like you’ll be disappointed if you don’t have a package waiting for yourself tomorrow!

I ordered my gift earlier this week and I’m {im}patiently waiting for it to arrive next week (at least, I hope it’s next week!), so no let downs when I don’t have a gift waiting for me.  I know my perfect present will be in my hands soon!

To get the ideas flowing, I thought I’d share what is on this single gal’s wish list for Valentine’s Day!

Valentine's Gift Ideas via randomlittlefaves.com

1| Macarons  2| Gigi New York Teddie Tote  3| Rose Gold Diamond Ring  4| Calvin Klein Reveal Perfume  5| XO Sweatshirt  6| Pink Leather Journal

Macarons…umm…need I say more?  I’d take a box of these over a box of chocolates ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!  I love me a good leather tote bag and this one is not only in my favorite color, but it was pockets and dividers inside (be still my organization-loving-heart!)!  I am always a sucker for a nice piece of jewelry and this gorgeous rose gold diamond ring makes me swoon.  I want it…in a really bad way!  This perfume is currently my favorite and I actually already own it, but hey, I wouldn’t turn down another bottle of it, since it’s so awesome!  Who doesn’t love to curl up in an oversized comfy sweatshirt? Not this girl!  My blogging buddy Karen over at Glam Karen first featured this a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!!  It’s in my Etsy cart, but I just haven’t taken the plunge yet.  And finally, if you’ve been following me on this blog for any time at all, you know I’m a sucker for notebooks.  This one is refillable, leather, and my favorite color.  Come to mama (as if I really need yet another notebook/journal!)!

I’ll let you in on a little secret…my gift to myself is one of these, but I’ll leave you in suspense!  If you want to know what I’ve treated myself to, I will definitely share it on Instagram, so just follow me for the sneak peek!

One final note…you don’t have to spend a lot of money to treat yourself if that’s an issue.  Going for a manicure or even taking an afternoon off to go do something that you might not normally do works too!  There are no right or wrongs here…the idea is just to recognize how awesome you and reward yourself with a little something-something!

**********

Your turn girlfriends…what are you doing for the big day?  Are you going to buy yourself a gift (you should! you deserve it! #justsayin’)?

I’m linking this post up at:  That Friday Blog Hop

Comments

Ahh…Holly…you’re a girl after my own heart! I completely agree! We’re worth a little treat from time to time :-). Thanks for stopping by!

I completely agree, Channing!! If you are enjoying yourself then you’re having the best day ever!! (Valentine’s Day or any other day of the year)…thanks so much for swinging by for a visit!

Yeah, I may have to push the ‘buy’ button on that sweatshirt!! LOL And that bag…I swoon when I look at it. I want it something fierce! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

I think we should create our own happiness, single or not! And even if I’m engaged, I’m not expecting a gift this V-Day because all I want is to spend a nice evening with my love!

Awww…Emilie…that’s the best gift ever…spending time with someone you love is way better than anything that might be wrapped in a box! Enjoy and have a great V-Day! :-)

Jazmine says

I feel the exact same way this Valentines Day. The best thing about being single for Valentines Day is you get to spend on yourself instead. aha I absolutely loved this post. :)

Absolutely, Jazmine!! LOL…I actually think I like Valentine’s day single MUCH better than not single!! Happy Valentine’s Day, girlfriend!! :-)

Hi Bobbie! I love your post! I love the last paragraph…very well said that and yes, a party of one doesn’t have to be bad! It’s all in how you look at things :). Hope you have an awesome Valentine’s day!!

Not kidding – I just made the background on my tablet a picture of macaroons. Haha. They’re so delicious. I love the XO sweatshirt so much. I want it! I would wear it all the time. Instead of doing something fancy with my boyfriend this year, we’re going to a Mardi Gras party and the last big parade before Mardi Gras on Tuesday. I’m excited! I love Valentine’s Day, but Mardi Gras is even more fun to celebrate. But I love what you said about treating yourself! It’s definitely something everyone should do whether it’s Valentine’s Day or not!

Ooh…fun! A Mardi Gras party…that sounds like an awesome idea! And yeah…macarons are one of my favorites! I can’t turn them down and I may have to look up that macaron shop next time in I’m NYC, lol. I hope you had a great Valentine’s day with your boyfriend, Tiffany!! Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit!

So glad you enjoyed the shares! It hard to not just click on ‘buy’ for all of these, but I’m definitely keeping a few of these in mind. My birthday is coming up in April, so I’m thinking one of these will be my b-day gift, lol. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Yay or Nay Interiors says

My boyfriend is in work today and yesterday we had booked dinner in posh restaurant! I came back from work.. tired.. we both looked at each other… and i just pick up a phone and made 2 phone calls.. one to cancel the booking second to order Chinese take away! Today I am home alone, and I am happy! no drama! 😉

That sounds like a perfect Valentine’s day! No stress and just enjoying each other’s company (except for the being tired part, lol). Hope you guys had an awesome time together! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! :-)

Oh yes, I am a big believer in treating yourself every once in awhile (within your budget, of course), especially on special days! While I am happily married and will enjoy our Valentine’s dinner out, I still bought myself the bag I had been eyeing for the last while. And guess what? When I went in to buy it on Friday — it was 50% off! Happy Valentine’s Day to me!

You sound like my kind of girl, Megan :). Don’t you love it when you get that surprise bonus sale!! When I originally tried to order my gift last week, the cart was messing up, so I emailed them and just waited until the next day when they replied back and told me it was now fixed. Well…as luck would have it, an email came in that morning announcing a V-Day special where you would get a free item (valued at $65!) for ordering above a certain amount (which my item was!), so I was so grateful for the glitch the previous night! Hope you had an awesome Valentine’s Day and thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! :-)