6 Best Bargain Beauty Buys

I love trying out new makeup products and I’m not opposed to spending a decent amount on high quality products.  But, there are definitely some products that don’t warrant breaking the bank and today, I’ve gathered my six favorite bargain beauty buys!

I use a wide variety of products and I’m always trying new things.  Walking into a Sephora or the beauty section of Target is a dangerous activity for me!

I use a mix of high end products and bargain products.  I want the best products I can find and I’m always thrilled when I stumble upon a product that’s less than $10 that exceeds my expectations and that has me falling in love with it!

These six products easily fit into that criteria and while one of these is a rather recent addition to my routine, the rest have been staples I’ve relied on for months, if not years!

Hair || L’Oreal Paris Total Repair Extreme Shampoo & Conditioner – I have never had success with drugstore shampoo/conditioner until I tried this when I received it in an Allure Sample Society box.  I LOVE this stuff.  My hair is shiny, bouncy, and has plenty of volume.  And what I really love…it’s less than $10 per bottle!

Hair || Batiste Dry Shampoo – This is my latest bargain discovery courtesy of an Allure Sample Society box. I love a good dry shampoo, but it’s hard to find a good one! This stuff is awesome, smells amazing and is also less than $10!  I found a wide variety of these in various scents at my local TJ Maxx for $5.99 per can!

Makeup || Hard Candy Glamouflage Concealer – This concealer has the best coverage of any concealer I’ve ever tried!  I don’t use it everyday, but when go through bouts of insomnia and my under eye circles start rivaling black eyes (I’m exaggerating, but only by a little!), I whip out this little magic product and it erases all traces of dark circles! It’s also great for that stubborn zit that pops up and won’t go away for days! I’ve reviewed this product in the past and it’s still one of my faves! You can find this at Wal-Mart for…wait for it…$6!!!

Makeup || NYX Lipgloss – I have a bit of an obsession with lip glosses so I have been loving NYX’s glosses.  They have beautiful colors that provide good coverage, rich hues, and awesome staying power.  These are my three favorites these days, but I’ll likely add a few cream colors soon.  You can find these at Ulta, Target, and other beauty supply stores and they ring in at around $5-$6 a tube!

Lip Care || Chapstick – Seriously, does it get any better than Chapstick?  They’ve been around forever and with good reason…they’re the best! I’ve tried high end (i.e. expensive) lip balms and they’re nice, but honestly, Chapstick rivals any of the pricier ones out there! And since I love having moisturized, soft lips, I tend to stash a tube of this stuff everywhere!  Where can you find these?  Everywhere!  And I believe, they’re typically under $5.

Organization || Makeup Bags – I’m a sucker for a pretty makeup bag, but I’ve never really seen the point in spending a ton of money on them! That’s why I love Target’s offering.  They always have pretty makeup bags in a variety of sizes to fit every organizational need!  They range in price, but even the big one seen in this photo (which is more of a travel bag, then a daily bag) was only $19.99.

3dotsWhat are your favorite bargain beauty products?  I’d love to learn of more great finds, so leave me a comment and let me know!

Comments

Taylor Yates says

LOVE NYX products! I also love L’Oreal’s Voluminous mascara…I’ve tried super high end brands like Benefit and Dior and always come back to it!

Oooh…I haven’t tried L’oreal’s mascara, but adding it to my list. I have a hard time finding masacara that works on me and traditionally the drugstore brands haven’t passed muster, but given how much I’m loving their shampoo and your rave review, I want to try this now! Thanks for the tip!

I’m with you!! I’ve tried so many dry shampoos and this is definitely one of my faves. The fact that it’s cheaper than the other ones I love makes this one my new #1 :).

I tend to be a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to makeup–I actually really like Burt’s Bees original chapstick, the mint one, and that only about $3 a tube, too.

Ooohhh… I forgot about Burt’s Bees chapstick…yes! They’re awesome (even their tinted lipbalms are awesome too). Great tips and thanks for the reminder :-).

I am right there with you Heather!! I am almost embarrassed to admit that I’ve bought more than a few things that I have no need for, just because they’re pretty, lol.

Yes! NYX totally rocks the lip product market!! If you try any of the other products…I hope they work for you!! Thanks for stopping by :).

L’Oreal has impressed me so much with the shampoo/conditioner, that I now want to try their other products in this line!!

Yes! Glamouflage is perfect for Ms. Glam Karen! ;). L’Oreal really impressed me with this shampoo/conditioner. Now I want to try some of the other products in the line!

My favorite budget-friendly beauty product is Suave Dry Shampoo. I haven’t tried Bastiste but I have tried lots of others and I always go back to Suave!

Oooh…good to know! I’ll have to give that one a try too. It’s so hard to find a good one that doesn’t leave a powdery residue! Thanks for the tip, Briton :).

I love L’Oreal shampoo and conditioner but I use their Evercreme line. It’s great for my hair texture. I had no idea Batiste can be found at TJ Maxx. I have a Marshall’s near me and I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for it next time I’m there. I love Batiste dry shampoo. Especially their color formula for brunettes!

Yes! Definitely be on the lookout! I didn’t expect to find it there either, so I was glad to have wandered over into the beauty products section (which I don’t normally do, but now I see I need be sure to check that out from time to time!).

I hope they have them in Canada!! The Batiste dry shampoo is actually a UK product that’s made it’s way to the US, so I’m betting that, at least, is in your neck of the woods :). Thanks for stopping by!

I love NYX, and just bargain buys in general! (Yay for finding great deals!) Thanks for sharing these! I recently got a giant bottle of dry shampoo from LUSH that I’m super excited to try out! :]

Ooohhh…I haven’t tried their mousse! That’s going on my list…I currently love one by BB, but I can only get it at Sephora, which is pricey (especially since I’m apparently incapable of going into Sephora and only buying the one item that I need! lol). Thank you so much for mentioning that, Hannah!

I’ve really been wanting to try a different dry shampoo. I always either use the dove dry shampoo or the pantene one. Does Batiste leave a white residue like the dove dry shampoo or is it sticky like the pantene one?

Nope! That’s one of the things I love about the Batiste…it doesn’t leave any powdery residue and it’s not sticky. The powdery residue is one reason I think it’s so hard to find a good one! The only ones I’ve found up until now were higher end and expensive, so that’s why I’m beyond thrilled to find the Batiste that’s cheap and doesn’t have to be ordered! LOL