March Faves & April Plans

Hellloooooo April!!  I don’t know about you, friends, but I am so ready for April.  Theoretically, it should start getting warmer and Spring should be in the air! Since its the first of the month, I like to share a few goals and take a look back at how I did on my goals last month!

Can you believe we’re a 1/4 of the way through 2015 already?!  I never mind these early months hurrying by, but once we start to get into the warmer months, I’d love life to slow down just a bit!

Today I’m checking in on how I did with my goals from last month and I’m outlining my new goals for April! This not only helps me stay accountable for what I set as my goals, but I also hope it serves as a bit of inspiration for you to set some goals of your own!

March Reader Faves

It’s always fun to look back and see which posts people liked best.  These were the four top posts that I published last month, so if you missed one, be sure to check them out!

Mobile Photography 101 {Part 1}: Mobile Lenses
4 Blogger Babes eGuides = Countless Tips & Tricks!
Hot Accessories for Spring 2015
Mobile Photography 101 {Part 3}: Mobile Apps
How’d I do on my March goals?

Well…I didn’t do so good on my goals last month :(.  In my defense, though, I got hit with the flu half way through the month and that had me out of commission for a solid week!  Even after getting back on my feet, I lacked energy for another week, so when I got home from work, I’d basically crash and get nothing done.

I also traveled at the end of the month, so that knocked out a weekend, which is when I normally get a lot of my blogging tasks completed.

But, that’s okay!  I’m not beating myself up!  These things happen and I’m happy that I did complete one goal and one of the ‘fails’ is in progress, so not all is lost!

1. Fitness Goals  |  Gettin’ Fit – Re-establish a routine {FAIL}
I failed miserably on this one this month.  I started out the month with snow keeping from the gym, then I injured my toe, which had me hobbling around for a week, then the flu hit, and well, by then, I was just completely off track!  I will get back on track, but I am disappointed to be a month behind where I wanted to be right now.

2. Fun Goals  |  Make Some Travel Plans {SUCCESS}
Check, check, check!  I booked a solo trip to San Antonio for October to attend the second Click Away conference for women photographers and I CAN’T wait to go!  I’m registered and my hotel room and flights are booked.  I’ve never been to Texas (except to change planes at an airport or two, but that doesn’t count!) and I’ve heard all kinds of good things about San Antonio, so I’m very excited!

I attended the first Click Away last year and LOVED it!  It was so inspiring and I came home, not only richer in photography knowledge, but transformed in my approach to life and facing challenges.  I’m thinking this year will be even better!

I’m also in the early planning stages of a vacation with a friend.  We’re looking into a European adventure later this year, so our planning hats are on!

3. Financial Goals  |  File my Taxes {FAIL}
When I made this goal last month, I doubted that I would accomplish it (how’s that for goal setting!).  I never do my taxes early.  I’m one of those scrambling to get it done in early April.

Fortunately, my taxes aren’t challenging and are usually rather straightforward.  My excuse for putting it off every year…I HATE doing them!!!  But, time to put my big girl pants on and get it done this weekend (grrrrrrrr).

4. Blog Goals |  Add more cool stuff {FAIL}
I’m in the process of working on this one!!  Had I not gotten sick and traveled this month, I would’ve accomplished my plans for what I had hoped to achieve during March.

But, I did get started and I’m well on my way, so I have no doubts this one will be a success in my next update on May 1!

April Goals

I celebrate a birthday this month (it’s on Easter this year, which has never happened during my lifetime before!), so I’m gearing up with goals and plans for the year (and it’s a milestone birthday this year!).

While I do make New Years goals, I really prefer to set goals on my birthday for my next year.  I haven’t decided if I’ll share these on the blog or not, but I guess I better decide soon, since the big day is just a few days away!

I’m also traveling back to Atlanta in another week or so for a long overdue family reunion. (I was just there this past weekend for a wedding)

So, what are my plans for this month?

1. Fun Goals | Book European vacation
Once my friend and I start finalizing our plans for our trip, we’ll likely start booking things.  We’re shooting for either late May or sometime in September (we want to miss the crazy summer crowds and summer isn’t the best time for me to be out of work).

2. Health & Budgeting Goals | Start my first Capsule Kitchen
Have you heard of a Capsule Closet?  It’s kind of the rage on blogs and Instagram lately.  I recently read a blog post by Miranda over at Miranda Writes a Blog where she introduced the idea of a Capsule Kitchen.  Ever since I read that, I SO want to do it!!

I’m going to be putting pen to paper soon and coming up with my own Capsule Kitchen as a means to focus on some healthy eating and to be able to better budge my grocery bills.

3. Blogging Goals | Focus on Facebook
Every month this year, I’ve been trying to focus on a social media platform as a means to better know it and to grow my engagement, interactions, and relationships.  Facebook is one that I use, but I don’t focus on heavily.  So, this month, I am going to up my game and see what happens!

If you would like to follow along and give me some support and encouragement, be sure to LIKE my page!

4. Blogging Goals |  Finish the ‘add more cool stuff’ plans
My goals from last month for this one will carry into this month since I really want to finish these and add them to my website!  What’s on my list?  Adding gallery pages for three of my categories, adding a ‘Shop my Faves’ page, and setting up the early stages of a Printables library (although, I’m not sure it’ll be quite ready to release in April, but I hope to get the bulk of it set up this month!).

Around Here in April

This month is going to be hopping!  I’m signed up for a 30 day blogging challenge, which basically means I’m going to attempt to blog every day in April!  I might be a little crazy to try this, but what the heck!

To fill out my calendar, I’m adding two new mini series for the weekends.  On Saturdays this month, I plan to show a quick weekend project tutorial and on Sundays, I plan to share things from around the web that inspired me during the week.

I’m also going to attempt to achieve a 30 day Instagram challenge!  Be sure to follow me to see if I keep up!

As for posts, I have lots planned for beauty products, blogging tips, a few travel posts, and I’ll be dishing up a couple of girl power inspirational posts!  I’m really excited about what’s coming your way this month and I can’t wait to see what you guys think!

Your turn, friends! What’s on YOUR list of goals & objectives for April?

Comments

I’m so sorry you got hit with the flu that sucks. But I have faith in you for this month! :)
    There’s something about the weather being nice out that seems to make it so much easier to get stuff done.
    A Europe vacation sounds so exciting and it’s great that you are working to avoid crowds, I hope everything turns out fantastic for you guys while planning that.
    I too have been really trying to set workout goals, but it’s so inconvenient trying to get to the gym sometimes. My answer has been workout programs on Youtube! There are thousands and they really have been a time saver, especially when traveling.
    Excited to see the new things you come up with for the blog!

Ok…I have GOT to check out Youtube for workout videos…why didn’t I ever think of that?? I have tons of DVDs, but I get sick of doing the same ones. I will definitely check that out and you’re right…that’s a lifesaver for traveling! Thanks for that suggestion :). I’m really excited about this month and you’re right…with the weather improving (hopefully!) and more light in the evenings, I feel more energized! Good luck with your workout goals!!

I also set goals for my blog but never reach them because it’s just not a top priority in my life right now. I really LOVE working on my blog so I’m excited to have more time for it soon. Happy B-day month :)

I hear you…while I do feel my blog is a priority right now, it’s STILL hard to carve away enough time to do everything I want to! I’m trying to come to terms with the fact that I can’t do it all in a short time frame and to be okay with a longer time period, but it’s definitely hard, lol. Thanks for the b’day wishes! :-)

Yes! I’ve noticed that as well, if I really put the effort in, it does pay back positively, so crossing fingers that’ll be the results for Facebook, which I hear is really hard to crack because of their rules & algorithms. Good luck on your goals for the month! :-)

Getting hit with a bug always derails everything, but you still did a great job! You’re going to love San Antonio. October is a good time to go because it’s not so unbearably hot. Be sure to stroll around the Riverwalk and eat some good Tex Mex on a patio somewhere!

Thanks Miranda! I’m making notes of your suggestions for San Antonio :). I’ve heard of the Riverwalk and can’t wait to see it! And for some reason, I completely forgot about Tex-Mex…I LOVE mexican food, so I may just have to eat my weight in it while I’m there, since I’m betting it’s pretty darn awesome!

My expertise extends to whatever TurboTax tells me, lol. Right now, my taxes are really straight forward and not complicated, but I’m hoping to start venturing into the business side of things with my blog in the next year or two and at that point, I’m guessing i’ll have to hire someone because I have NO clue on how to report that side of things!! Good luck!!

I love your monthly goals! I should do this too. Especially fun goals. We did finally book a trip, but it’s not like before baby. We are going to Indiana because my husband’s sister can watch her while we have some much needed alone time. It’s not Paris and wine tours through Tuscany anymore. ::cries:: lol

Thanks Kat! I sometimes wonder if people actually like reading my goals, lol. Even if you’re in Indiana instead of Paris, at least you’ll have some alone time with each other :). That will be really nice!!

Happy birthday! :) It looks like you still got a lot accomplished last month! I’m also doing a blog a day challenge; it should be fun!

Thanks Jaime! Yay for blog challenges! Sitting here on Day 1, I’m thinking it’ll be fun. We’ll see by around day 15 how I’m doing, lol. Good luck with your challenge!!

Hi Lisa! So glad to hear your thoughts on San Antonio…that’s what I keep hearing and that’s making me more excited :-). Thanks for the b’day wishes!

Traveling and getting sick are definitely valid reasons for getting behind! I’m glad that you still got some in though, and I hope you’re feeling better now!

Happy early birthday! <3 I'm an April birthday too! 😀

Hi Farrah! Definitely feeling back to 100% now, whew! And now, I’m bursting with energy to get things done (so I just need more time in the day, lol!). Thanks so much for the b’day wishes and Happy Birthday to you too!! Yay for April birthday girls!

I have also failed at the fitness goals but only because I have been uber busy!! I am also doing a blogging challenge in April, already kicking myself because it is so much to keep up with!!

I know right?? I was struggling with trying to keep up with 4 posts a week, so I’m thinking I might be slightly crazy to attempt to do 30 days in a row, lol. But, I’m curious to see how it plays out, so I’m going to buckle down and try to stick with it (doing pretty good for day 2, so far, lol).

Taylor Yates says

I just found out about the whole “capsule wardrobe” thing and I love it! I’m excited to see what you do with the capsule kitchen – keep us updated!

Oooh…thank you so much for the suggestion! I’m making a note of this now in my Evernote notebook so I don’t forget!! I’m always a happy girl when guac is on the menu (and even more so when it’s fresh and made table side!!).