Oh, the Places I’d Go…My Travel Bucket List

With the weather warming up, my feet are getting really itchy to get out and go somewhere I’ve never been before! Since travel is definitely on my brain, I thought I’d share a list of my top 10 places that make my travel bucket list!

I think I’ve mentioned before that I love to travel, but despite my passion for hitting the road, I haven’t done too many travel related posts. That is, up until now! I have a slew of posts planned over the next few months specifically related to travel and when I start working on one, I can’t help but get excited!

Originally, I was going to do a post today on Girlfriend Getaways.  But, as I started writing it up, I realized it would be rather lengthy post and would be better served as a 3 part series, so that is now in the works!

In the meantime, since I was in the travel state of mind (and working on that post while sitting at the airport), I decided to share my bucket list of places I want to travel.

I have a long list of places I want to someday see and experience, but these 10 are my top picks!

Austria | Vienna

I hear Vienna is awesome, and after reading The Accidental Empress, I want to visit it something bad! Fortunately, I have a trip in the early stages of planning to do just that later this year!

Vienna, Austria

Belgium | Brussels

I love chocolate (who doesn’t?) and from what I’ve read, Belgium is the place to go for chocolate lovers, so that’s enough for me!  Every couple of years, I have to go to Paris for work, so I’m hoping to add on a few extra days and take a train to Belgium the next time I’m over for a work trip.

Brussels, Belgium

Canada | Train across the Canadian Rockies

This has been on my list for awhile.  I am dying to take a train across the Canadian Rockies in September when their leaves start changing (at least, I think that’s when it starts!). No plans for this one (yet), but definitely someday!

Canadian Rockies

Denmark | Copenhagen

This is another European city that I’ve heard lots of good things about, so it’s high on my list to check out!

Copenhagen, Denmark

Finland, Norway, Sweden | Nordic Cruise

As a blond with fair skin and blue eyes, I feel the call to my ‘homeland’ (I’m not really of Nordic descent, but you wouldn’t know that to look at me!).  Having visited Iceland and loving it, I have a strong curiosity to check out the other Nordic countries.  I’m feeling like a nice way to pop in to all of them is to relax on a Nordic Cruise!  Sigh….someday….

Stockholm, Sweden

France | Colmar

Unfortunately, this picture doesn’t do Colmar justice, but it’s the best I could find on sites that allow you to share their photos.  Just Google Colmar to see what I mean (or click HERE where I’ve done the hard word for you…you can thank me later!).  This is supposed to be one of those gems that isn’t as well known as the bigger European cities.  This one is very high on my list to visit someday!

Colmar, France

Hungary | Budapest

As with Vienna, this one entered my radar after reading The Accidental Empress.  And, just like Vienna, I’m in the process of planning a trip here for later this year…yay!  The food scene here is supposed to be amazing and the eats are supposedly relatively cheap!  Sounds like my kind of place :).

Hungary, Budapest

Italy | Cinque Terre

You might be seeing a theme here…any colorful European city is making my list and this set of five oceanside towns in Italy is right up there.  They look charming and beautiful, and if you’re up for some physical activity, I hear you can walk to each one (or, in my case, I’d prefer the beautiful boat ride to grab photos of each city along the way!).

Cinque Terre, Italy

USA | Road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway

This is another trip that has been on my list for quite some time.  San Diego is a city I’ve never visited, but I’m dying to!  After kicking around there for a few days, I want to rent a car and leisurely drive up the Pacific Coast Highway.  Ideally, I’d like to take it all the way to San Francisco (and I’ve been to San Fran numerous times and love the city, so I’d hang there for a few days as well).

Beaches of Californi

USA | Hawaiian Cruise

I’m not a beach person and I have no desire to sit on a beach soaking up the rays.  So, why is this on my list? Because I hear it is the best way to see the islands.  You don’t have to unpack and you can hop to each island.  While I have no interest in the beaches, I understand Hawaii has so much else to take in, so that’s what I plan to do!

Cruise around the Hawaiian Island

There are a few other countries that are right up there on my list, but numerous cities in each of these countries are on my must-visit list, so I need to do more research on these!  Australia, Spain, Portugal, New Zealand, and Italy (in addition to Cinque Terre that I have listed above) are the countries that I NEED to visit some day!

I also want to go back to several place I’ve already been, so add those to all the places I want to go that I’ve never been and basically, I need to win the lottery to visit everywhere on my list!

What about you? What’s on your list for places you’d most like to visit? Have you been to any of these places?  I’d love to hear, so leave me a comment and let me know!

Images in this post are courtesy of pixabay.com.

Comments

Oh my goodness, I think we have exactly the same travel bucket list!! Vienna is also at the very top of my list. I’d love to do a backpacking trip through Eastern Europe (Vienna, Prague, Budapest, etc.). One thing I’d add to mine is hiking through Patagonia. It’s a long shot and I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to afford it, but a girl can dream!

YES!! Patagonia! I completely forgot South American for my list and there are definitely places I want to go there – the Galapagos Islands, Patagonia, Buenos Aires, the big waterfall on the border of Argentina and Brazil that I can’t remember the name of, etc. Shoot! I can’t believe I forgot to add those!! Thanks for reminding me! And yeah…I doubt I’ll make it to all of them unless I win the lottery, but at least I’ll never be able to say ‘I don’t know where I want to go on vacation’, lol.

Me too!! Granted, I need to start playing the lottery, lol. But, at least the nice thing about Europe is that you can hop to other countries/cities so easily that with one trip, you can knock out a few places! Getting to Australia/New Zealand will prove to be my tricky destinations (i.e. probably ain’t going to happen!). :-)

Yes!!! Me too! I wish I could just travel everywhere and be independently wealthy in order to finance my passion. Since that’s not likely to happen, I can chip away at my list and live vicariously through travel bloggers, lol.

I love that most of these aren’t traditional tourist destinations. I would love to visit each of these places too (although Paris is at the top of my travel bucket list). I hope you get to go on that Austria trip! I bet that will be an amazing experience.

Thanks Miranda!! I didn’t realize until I read someone’s comment…but I forgot South America…so I have a bunch of other non-traditional places to add to my list, lol. Paris is awesome! I’ve been 2x for fun and several more times for work, so it’s lost a bit of it’s luster for me, but it’s definitely a magical place….I hope you get there someday and enjoy a cafe au lait at a sidewalk cafe (and their coffee there is amazing!!).

Ooh…so glad to hear you liked it!! That always makes me more excited when I hear others have been and enjoyed it. Now I can’t wait to go (someday) for the food ;).

So, I’ve been to Italy but would LOVE to go again! I was a teenager when I went, so does that even count? haha… I also want to do a cruise – maybe I could combine it and do a cruise to Italy! Always thinking! haha… http://www.GlamKaren.com

That totally counts, Karen!! The only thing I don’t count when I assess what states/countries I’ve been in are places where I’ve only been at an airport (like…I’ve technically been in Ireland, but I was only at the Dublin airport as I connected through, so I don’t count that). Ooohhh…and Italian cruise sounds lovely!

Leslie says

You’ve picked some really great places to add to your list. I’d love to see all of these myself! They look absolutely gorgeous in all of the pictures you see.

Every time I look at travel pictures, I want to book a trip immediately! So, compiling this post and grabbing these photos made it tough to not start planning 5 different trips, lol.

I want to go SOOOO many places!! I have however been all over most of Canada but not by train and I have also been in Hawaii–I highly recommend it!! As for me, I really want to visit Prague!

Hey Lindsay! I’ve been to a bunch of places in Canada too…but like you, never by train (and never the central provinces, lol). Glad to hear you liked Hawaii! Yes…Prague is also on my long list, lol. So many places to go!!

Oooh so many exciting sounding places on your list. When you stay at home for too long it can be easy to forget all the amazing and different parts of the world around you! That is pretty fantastic that you go to Paris for work. :)
    I have some friends who just rented a convertible and did the Pacific Coast Highway which sounds like a dream to me! That’s definitely on my list, and Iceland has been for a long time as well! And then Hawaii, just feel like I need to go.

Iceland is awesome!! I spent about 2-1/2 days there about 2 years ago and loved it. I definitely want to go back there and explore more of the country. We stayed in Reykjavik and took a day tour around part of the Golden Circle, but it’s such a unique landscape that I’d love to see more (and if you like animals, definitely go on a Puffin tour…it’s amazing how many are there and how cute they are!).

I love your list!!!
    Canada, Belgium, France and Italy are on my list. I have traveled up through California multiple times and it’s amazing! I want to road trip through the U.S. but take on the east and south parts. I am currently obsessed in finding out if southern charm really exists.

Ashley

Ahhh…well, I’m southern (I grew up in Atlanta and lived there until after college), so I can definitely say that Southern charm is a real thing!! (Oregon has been the only place I’ve been where the people may just be friendly and nicer than the South!). I hope you make that trip happen, Ashley! That would be a cool thing to blog about ;).

Aaaah, the Cinque Terre is my favorite! It’s the place I always feel compelled to go back to, partly because of how welcoming and friendly the locals are (I’ve been three times and am going back when I’m in Europe again this December- there are tons and tons of pictures on my website). If you get the chance, DO. IT.