Tieks…the Most AMAZING Shoes Ever!

Pssst….I have a new love!  They’re really soft, super comfy, and look amazing…they’re my new Leopard Tieks!  I’ve had these shoes for about 2 weeks and I can proudly say that I’m not just sipping the Tieks colored kool-aid, I’m swimming in it.  If these have been on your wish list for awhile, let me explain what is so awesome about these shoes and why I’m glad I finally caved!

I’ve been oogling Tieks shoes for many months.  When I first spotted them, I thought the idea of foldable shoes that are still a real shoe, was genius!  Most other fold up shoes are what I call temporary ‘shoes’ and they’re only meant to get you from the car to the party before strapping on your gorgeous stilettos (sort of like that little donut spare tire…it’s not meant to be used for the long haul, if you know what I mean!).

I went to their website and oohed and aahed over all the different colors that were available.  I was all ready to pick out my faves, add them to the cart, and have them on their way to me in no time flat.

That is until I saw the price….gulp.  For flats?????  No way, Jose!!

Feeling disappointed, I shut my browser and went on about my merry business.

Over the next year, I kept spotting them in ads and on other people’s blogs. I resisted the pull every single time even though I’d visit the website again, ooh and aah, and pick my faves…again.  But, I just couldn’t fathom paying that much for flats!!

Now, mind you…I wear flats more than heels.  That wasn’t always the case…I used to wear heels all the time because, well, they’re just so darn hot.

But then, about 4 years ago, I tripped and broke my right foot (wearing clogs no less!).  After being laid up in a cast for 8 weeks followed by 4 weeks of physical therapy, my heel wearing days came to an almost thing of the past.  That’s not because my foot didn’t heel, but it was because I had to wear flats for months after the cast removed.

Anything other than very comfy, cushy flats was way too uncomfortable.  My poor doctor, though, had to be subjected to my relentless question of ‘Sooooo….about the shoe situation…’ at the end of every.single.appointment. He assured me when my foot was ready, I’d be able to wear them again (and he couldn’t understand why I wanted to wear them since I’m 5’8” and he was like ‘but you’re already tall’…men!).

He was right…eventually, it healed completely and my ability to wear heels returned.  But…my desire did not.

Flat shoes were just SO much more comfortable!!

But, you know as well as I do…not all ballet flats are comfortable!  And this is where Tieks come in and completely and totally steal the show!

I finally decided to just do it…I had a big birthday earlier this month, so I decided what better time to treat myself!

I LOVE leopard print.  I have a pair of leopard flats that I got at the Gap several years ago that I have worn to the ground.  Seriously, these things are pretty pathetic looking but I still wear them because I loved them so much.  So, when deciding which of the many pairs of Tieks I loved would be the ones I ordered, I didn’t have to think too hard…the Leopard print ones were the clear winner.

I knew I’d wear them a ton and at a price tag of just over $200 (yes…you read that right!), I didn’t want a pair that would be sitting in my closet more than on my feet!

I placed my order and within days (2 to be exact), they were sitting on my doorstep.  Squeal!

First off…the packaging…Tieks knows how to impress you right out of the shipping box.

The flower can be used as a headband or whatever you want!  I opted to slap it on my planner!

Within the box, are not only your lovely pair of shoes, but 2 pouches (more on those in a minute) and a lovely handwritten note thanking you for your purchase.

These shoes are easily the nicest quality shoes I’ve ever owned (and they darn well outta be for that much cash!!).

But, how do they feel?

Umm…like a very comfortable second skin!!  There is literally no breaking in time required for these shoes!  Say what???  I’m not kidding…you put these on and they just mold to your little tootsies like they were made for you!

I was concerned about the elastic on the heel and that it might dig into my skin after wearing them for awhile…nope!!  I actually love that elastic…it keeps the shoes ON my feet!  I have narrow heels so half the time I wear shoes, they flop off my heels as I walk.  Not these puppies…they stay right where they’re supposed to!

Now, for the pouches…you get 2 pouches.  One is a small one to carry your folded up Tieks (although I could only fit 1 shoe in the pouch, so clearly there’s a skill here I haven’t learned!!).  Then, you get a bigger pouch with a strap that unfolds for carrying your heels!  Genius!  Tieks have thought of everything!!!

The 2 pouches that come with your shoes…

The small pouch with 1 of the shoes inside…not sure how to get that other one in there!

The larger pouch comes folded into a tiny little bundle, but when unfolded, it’s the perfect size for your heels (or lunch!).

Normally, I’m the type that takes my shoes off the second I walk in the front door because I love being barefoot. The first day I wore these, I came home and after about 45 minutes, I realized I still had my shoes on!  I had completely forgotten to take my shoes off…I didn’t even notice I had them on!

My only negative comment on Tieks…once you buy one pair, you WILL start planning for your next pair!!  I already know which ones I’ll get next, but need to save my pennies in the mean time (helloooo…ruby red patent…come.to.mamma!).

Final verdictthese shoes may be pricey, but with good reason.  They are worth every single penny!  And they will definitely not be my one and only pair!

Your turn! What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever treated yourself to?  Do you still love it??  If you could treat yourself today to one nice thing…what would you get?  I’d love to hear your answers, so leave me a comment and let’s chat it out!

In the interest of full disclosure, I am NOT being compensated in any way for this post. Tieks did not send me any shoes, nor does this post contain any affiliate links. I’m just sharing this review because they’re such an amazing product!

Comments

It’s funny that you were wering heels all the time when I probably wear them once or twice a year. I can’t stand them haha! I rarely spend a lot on shoes but I do spend more on my handbags. I just love a good leather handbag!

Ohhh…I love a good leather bag too! I used to buy mom bags, but in the past few years, I’ve gotten a few that I absolutely love (and are really good quality) that I haven’t been tempted by any others (which is something I never thought would happen, lol). I love the look of heels, but now I’m in your camp..I hate wearing them!! :)

Good for you treating yourself! That packaging is too cute! And I LOVE when companies write you thank you letters… that is too cool! I shop from this one boutique in NYC and they do that and I find it so fabulous! Enjoy those adorable flats! :) http://www.GlamKaren.com

Good packaging makes such a great impression….it’s always a mark of a good product. If they care that much about the packaging, they generally care even more about their product! Yes, a hand written note just adds that right touch! Thanks!

OMG I heard about these before but never really thought about getting them – you’re making me wanna get a pair! I’m currently laid up with a broken right foot (going on 10 weeks in a boot), and have lived in nothing but sneakers (well, a LEFT sneaker haha). With this warm weather coming, I’m so SICK of the sneaker and need more comfy flats in my life. I might just have to get a pair of these when I can! Thanks for the honest review of them!

I am SO sorry about your foot! I know exactly what you’re going through (and my broken foot was my right one too!)….I think I was in my cast/boot for 8-9 weeks, so hopefully you’re almost there! Your foot will be very sensitive when that comes off, so you will definitely need comfy flats (and I hate to tell you, but you’ll probably still be stuck in sneakers for a bit….everything else, including flats will be too uncomfortable, but it won’t last forever!). I remember when I had my cast on thinking it was never going to heel, but hang in there, you’ll be back on your feet in no time!

Thanks! And yes…the price tag is quite the shock…took me a year to bite the bullet but I have no regrets, lol. Thanks for stopping by!

Yolanda Williams says

I love shoes and I must admit I am a heels girl myself. I recently move and I put alot of my shoes in storage and there isn’t a day I don’t think about them. LOL I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw these. These are adorable and to think they are very comfortbale too. This is a win win. They look great on you.

Thanks Yolanda! I’m so sorry you’re parted from your shoes right now…that is TOUGH!!! They’re like our babies, right, lol. I hope you get them back home soon :).

From the sound of it I’d order a pair right away. Can’t stand uncomfortable shoes and if they are cute too, what’s there not to like? I think when something is well made and you are going to use it for a long time/regularly it is absolutely worth paying a bit more.

Alex – Funky Jungle

Exactly!!! That’s a great point, Alex, and I can tell these will hold up for years! So, that’s less shoes in the long run that I will need (or want) to buy, so its an investment :). I remember a lady I used to work for in college told me that…spend money on quality and you’ll spend less overall. Thanks!!

LOL…I am nothing if not an enabler, so my apologies, Heather :). With that said, they really are awesome shoes! I did a lot of googling first to see what the masses think and while there were a few who loved them, but they didn’t work on their feet, the vast vast majority sang the praises and I can now see why :).

On, no, sorry to hear about you breaking your leg wearing clogs! I never heard that one before! I’m glad you found a better pair :)

Yeah, it was a bit of klutzy moment, but fortunately, it heeled and all is well (although, I tossed those clogs and have never gotten another pair!! LOL). Thanks for stopping by!

$200?! holy shit!! but I really want a pair more than ever now!! I own leopard Sperry’s and love them, get so many compliments! Perhaps I can convince my boyfriend to get me a pair for my birthday!! My latest $$ treat for myself was a new laptop when my old one died.

I know, right…$200 for a pair of FLATS!! It’s crazy, but now that I’ve bitten the bullet and bought a pair, I won’t even bat an eye to get another pair (not right away of course!). These things will last a long time because of how well they’re made, so overall, I’ll end up buying less shoes, so it works out in the end :). A new laptop is a fantastic treat!! (and definitely convince boyfriend to treat you to a pair!!)

Good for you! I treated myself to a Madewell Transport Tote for my last birthday. That is a bag I plan on loving well and passing down to a future daughter (or one of my nieces) some day. I keep a secret Pinterest board for investment pieces. The red Tieks have been on my list for a while…

Oh, I love that Madewell Tote!! I can’t resist a good tote, but so far, I’ve resisted that one, lol (but now you’re tempting me!!). I like the idea of keeping a secret Pinterest board for investment pieces…I may have to do something similar :). Great tip!

These are adorable! And if they are as comfy as you are stating, i want a pair of my own!

Like you, I used to wear heels EVERY DAY. I wore them all the time, especially to work, and after having my baby, I just haven’t been able to get back into them. I need a nice comfy shoe, something with style for my work attire, but something I can feel like I can go anywhere in.

Thanks for sharing, Vicky!

Then you would LOVE these Kayla! I have been living in these shoes every day since I got them. I am definitely going to get another pair in the next couple of months. I just can’t resist and I NEVER thought I’d pay this much for a pair of shoes…especially flats, but now I’m not even giving it a second thought (well, after I set aside a little cash for it :)).

Wow I am like you, I’ve wanted Tieks for a long time now, but darn it that dang price tag!! But I have those awful feet that can’t seem to find any shoes (other than flip flops) comfortable, so I think i just need to bite the bullet. And gosh isn’t that box the most adorable thing ever??

Its definitely a hard pill to swallow when you press the ‘buy’ button knowing how much you just spent on a pair of flats, but they are seriously awesome! I wear them every day and they are still amazing. I’m already saving for my next pair and this time I won’t think twice about the price, hehehe. My vote…give them a try and see what you think!! (if you don’t like them when they arrive, you can always return them, so nothing lost!). Thanks for visiting my blog, Marianne! :)